Tuesday, August 26, 2008

you make me this way.

It always astounds me to hear friends pay me compliments. I think that either they're crazy or I am... because I don't see myself the way they do. It just dawned on me after a wonderful compliment yesterday from my dear friend Charles that the reason he sees me as such a lovely person is because he makes me that way.

Here's my thought on this: Our friends are attracted to us for a reason... there is something in you that makes sense or is alluring to each individual friend. That friendship cultivates the bit or bits of you that were initally attractive, so those are the wonderful attributes that particular friend sees, enjoys and compliments.

I believe we are reflections of the beautiful gifts passed to us by our friends. We reflect loyalty with loyalty, honesty with honesty, kindness with kindness. Thank you for the beautiful gifts you've given me. Hopefully I can pass them on.

No comments: